AS/NZS 1554.1 2010 or 2011?

Home Forums General AS1554 Questions AS/NZS 1554.1 2010 or 2011?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shane Kavanagh
    Spectator

Hi, has anyone heard when the new edition AS/NZ 1554.1 will be issued? My understanding was that it was due to come out last year but i am sure it hasn't? If it is going to come out this year will they now call it AS/NZS 1554.1:2011? We are 7 years into one of the most used codes in our industry and i'm sure most would agree it is long overdue for some much needed changes.
    ;D

Regards
    Kav

Kav

verdi
    Spectator

thanks whaines

verdi
    Spectator

speaking of varying editions of the codes can anyone say whether there is a time period in the transition from an old code to an updated one or can we just roll along using the old one ignoring the fact that newer editions often have serious changes – like 1554?

eg im reviewing documents that refer to 1210-1987 and 1554-1994.

mouemen45
    Spectator

hi guys whats the standed for the AS/NZS 1554.5 2011 ?

Flash
    Spectator

Hi Kav
    it was due end of last month
    the hold up is that the NZ parliament needs to approve the document before its release
    I am unsure if they will call it 2011, they should

surely it can not be too far away
    R
    Flash

Flash
    Spectator

Hi Kav
    it has been released
    R
    GF

whaines
    Spectator

becomes relevent from date of release and after discussion with industry it does not mean that any previous WPS is not able to be used as the changes were only minor I will try to find the comparitive notes I made and the release notes.
    although when creating MDR’s it would be benefical to have the latest standard on documentation and this maybe be acheived in a small part by auditing your WPS and such, creating a change management register and updating records. ideally this would also include a new Test with the WPS. as long as the chain of evidence does not break in the change management register you could accomplish this with just a NDT such as UT this would only apply in low carbon steels.
    Post note; you must detail the change made “you can call a widget a gidget as long as they are the same thing”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.