Underwater Welding

Home Forums General The Lunch Room Underwater Welding

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pyro
    Spectator

here you go
    http://www.xlt.com.au/index.htm
    course is in western aus tho
    pyro

pyro
    Spectator

*NOTE: A commercial diving ticket is required to undertake underwater welding training.

Brogden-85
    Spectator

Hi I finished my my apprenticeship about 1 year ago I have partaken in lots of exrt welding training at XLT and PMAE ( PMAE is way way way better then xlt). I also live in perth WA. I also had dreams of moving into underwater welding / commercial diving. The under water center fremantal (www.tucf.com.au) is a commercual diving cause.. I been there to get a cert III in dive (the offshour ticked needed to go 50m deep and get offshour) cost over 20k and takes 12 weeks full time then you are on your on to find a job. was way out of my budget so I changed direction and thanks to PMAE am training up to be a pipe welding (TIG MMA FCAW) 6G 6GR s/s SAF 2205 the lot cheeper and really good money out there in construction jobs

m-i-c-k
    Spectator

Hey,

Thanks Pyro. I have sussed out the commercial divers course you can now get it paid for you by a HEX type thing. Anyway are you a underwater welder? Or no of anyone that is? I would love to build a relationship with someone in the feild BEFORE i finish my apprenticeship.

Cheers Mick

m-i-c-k
    Spectator

Hey,

Im currently in the last year of my apprenticeship and want some information on underwater welding.
    If anyone out there knows anything please post , because its extremely hard to find info on the net for Underwater Welding in Australia ( which is were i reside ). Im after info on employment possibilities, salary, training and locations. 

Cheers
    Mick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.