3rd Party Inspection Work

Home Forums General Inspection 3rd Party Inspection Work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #1681

    Hello all,

    I have worked as a welding supervisor, QA manager, for the past 4 years and I am thinking of going out on my own as a 3rd party welding inspector.
    What kind of insurances would I have to get, and what sort of coin should I charge?

    Any advice form your own experience would be greatly appreciated..

    AS2214, AS1796 3E – 8G, Cert 10


    You will find you will have to obtain a WTIA or CSWIP Welding Inspectors qualification – the Welding Supervisors qualification is a great qual to have but it is exactly that (a Supervisory role rather than an inspection role).
    You will need Professional Indemnity insurance for your 3rd party work and there is no set rate I can recommend because it is all about supply and demand and location, location, location.
    As a rough idea on wages you would get anywhere from $60 – 90 per hour in a major city (eg. Perth) and FIFO site (eg. Gorgon or Karratha) anywhere from $80-140 per hour.
    Hope that helps,


    Thanks BB,

    I see a lot of requests for CSWIP qualifications on job ads, would you personally preferr this to WTIA IWI quals?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.