Need Mig Welding Chart

Home Forums General MIG/GMA Need Mig Welding Chart

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Spectator

Hi. I'm new here so I hope I'm in the right place as I couldn't find an introductory or general discussion board.

I new to mig welding as I've always used an Arc welder.

I bought a new mig star 250 gas/gasless welder which had a booklet (which had the welding chart in it but my little one has wrecked it so I am now having problems with proper welding settings.

I've looked online, on you tube and anywhere I could think of and I'm finding lots on how to weld but no charts that would suit my welder.

Could anyone here help me out?

The welder I have is Krieger (mig star 250) Gas/gasless welder. (I'll post an image of the front)
    I've welded with it as gasless and although the welds are strong they are rough and full of holes so I hired a Argon/co2 gas and tried that and my welds are still full of holes.
    The reason it's so confusing for me is that this welder has so many setting/knobs that unlike my smaller gasless welder which only has 2 controls (wire speed/amps) this one has 5 controls and I'm totally lost as I can't get good clean welds.

I would also like to be taught how to weld properly as I feel I'm just wasting time and gas trying to sort this out on my own. Happy to pay someone to teach me if their willing.

I own a few welders and would like to learn to use them all.
    Krieger mig star 250 Gas/gasless
    Ozito MWR-135 Gas/Gasless
    Stahwelt Plasma/Tig Super200P
    small arc welder

Help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

14032014(001)1.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    cassgazz
    Spectator

Phil,

Can’t help you much with the settings, however one knob would be Wire Feed Speed, another most likely Coarse Voltage Control, and a separate one for Fine Voltage Control. The bottom Right Hand Side knob (looking at the machine) looks like it may be used for setting how long the wire is fed for (spot welding).

With the “holes” in the weld, these may be due to the direction of welding. With gasless wire, the weld pool needs to be dragged.
    If using solid wire (with gas mixture), the weld pool needs to be pushed.

General rule of thumb is “if it’s got slag, you drag”.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.