helpful smart phone apps

Home Forums General Technical helpful smart phone apps

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    control-arc
    Spectator

just thought id share some very clever helpful iphone apps for those who arnt onto these yet, i have been using them for awhile and  they are really clever, useful and a good use of technology. Some do cost money but i to me they are worth it.

Axon welding calculators : have some really useful calculators for CEq Pcm, arc energy heat input,, preheat and interpass tempertaures. HiLO and so on.

Axon steel transformation temperatures: just type in the chemical composition and waaahlaah upper critical temp , lower critical temp and martensite start temperature is worked out.

Cigweld pocket guide as an app, look up everything on your phone….. its free too!

there are some really good pipe fabrications apps too!

pocket pipe calculator is really good for pipe fitters boilermakers doing pipe work. check it out. work out saddle cuts, truelength cut lines for socket welds and heaps more, these are really good

pipe fabrication calulator:  type in the measurements of the offset pipe you are fabricating and it gives you the measurement for the cross check measurement to help make sure you've got it right.

Saddle layout; type in the main pipe diameter, branch pipe diameter, the branch wall thickness and the branch angle and calculate the measurement to cut the branch to fit, you can even email yourself the wrap around so you can print it off and wrap it around the pipe.

The boss cant ban the phone from the work floor now! 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.